Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23 2009

It is important
from time to time
to slow down,
to go away by yourself,
and simply Be.

~ Eileen Caddy ~

I feel so close to this statement after having run into an old friend last night.
Yesterday, sitting for my state board exam, at a small wooden desk in the ARC building at Pratt Institute was the end of an amazing journey for me. This was the same place I sat in 1989 as a wide eyed kid with my portfolio of pictures applying for collage. I spent the day standing in line for The Cooper Union, my eyes fixed and my goal set to get myself in.........

14 years latter I decided to go back to school and study massage therapy at The Swedish Institute.
Little did I know that it was going to be such an amazing experience.
Each and every day was intensely filled with learning, healing, and wonder.

My old friend reminded me of a time in my life when things were so different yet so the same.
When I sat in a small back room of a restaurant 4 days a week for 2 years with 5 people folding napkins before our shift started.
Each of those days, also filled with learning, healing and wonder...

I know it goes back and back and back, to the moments when I am so in the place that I am that I can truly feel life.
When I am so in the now, locked into my center and working form my soul. Massage has shown me a way to bring this gift of healing and intention to people and create a moment where they fell safe and open to heal, feel and simply be.





No comments:

Post a Comment